In our physical and occupational therapy clinics, trained therapists provide neurological rehabilitation for nervous system disorders, defects and injuries that affect your daily life. Our therapists conduct a thorough evaluation to assess neurological deficits to help you meet your individual rehabilitation goals. Our team can address difficulties with activities of daily living, balance, weakness, mobility, pain and more. Our goal is to move you toward greater independence and optimal function for a better quality of life.
Disorders of the nervous system, which may be helped by physical therapy and occupational therapy include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Vascular disorders – Stroke, transient ischemic attack (TIA), subarachnoid hemorrhage, subdural hemorrhage and hematoma and extradural hemorrhage
- Infections – Meningitis, encephalitis, polio and epidural abscess
- Structural, trauma, or neuromuscular disorders – Brain, head or spinal cord injury; cervical spondylosis; carpal tunnel syndrome; brain or spinal cord tumors; peripheral neuropathy; muscular dystrophy; myasthenia gravis; and Guillain-Barré syndrome
- Functional disorders – Headache, seizure disorder, dizziness and neuralgia
- Degenerative disorders – Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Huntington’s chorea and Alzheimer’s disease
Our neurological rehab service is provided in three locations: