Physical Fitness Classes
- SilverSneakers® – You will fun and move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement, and activity for daily living skills in this 45-minute class. Hand-held weights, elastic tubing with handles and a ball are offered for resistance, and a chair is used for seated and/or standing support.
- Orientation – An orientation session is required before using the gym equipment. During orientation new members will learn principles of exercise and how to adjust the equipment. Come prepared to exercise, as you will go through a mini workout. A chart will be provided to record your settings and progress. The orientation fee of $30 is due before orientation and is applied to your first month’s fitness center fees.
- Cardio Plus – Aerobic choreography and strength training are combined for an intense 45-minute workout designed to strengthen the heart and muscles. Utilizing hand-held weights, elastic tubing with handles, and a ball for core and balance training.
- Tai Chi for Balance – Many studies have concluded that Tai Chi is one of the best exercises to improve balance, posture and strength. This 30 minute class will focus on balance and breathing for a meditation in motion exercise program.
- Monthly Workshops – Short 15- to 30-minute workshops will be offered on various subjects each month. Topics include stretching, core conditioning, universal machines, balance, cardiovascular exercise, interval training, hand weights, etc. Look for announcements through e-mail or check above the UAMS Fitness participants sign-in notebook for dates and times.
- Balance, Strength and Coordination – This 45-minute class includes standing balance work and seated strength training and coordination moves. It teaches exercises that improve balance and emphasizes strength training of both upper and lower body. Progressive exercises are offered for both beginners and those that need more challenging balance exercises.
- Cardio Dance – You will move to “oldies” and Big Band music in this 45-minute class paired with dance choreography for a simple and fun cardiovascular workout.
- Small Group Fitness – This fitness option is $35 a month for four 1-hour sessions. Compared to a personal trainer, small group fitness is a great savings and you will benefit from personal attention and motivation from your instructor as well as support and accountability from other group members.
- Yoga Stretch – This 30-minute class includes flowing yoga moves and deep breathing to promote flexibility and relaxation.
Please call 501-526-5779 for additional information and to sign up for a small group fitness class.