At the UAMS Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute, the goal of our Palliative Care Clinic is to help you live as well as possible while facing a serious or life-threatening illness.
Palliative care focuses on the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our team of professionals offers care at any stage of your illness, including at the end of life. We aim to provide comfort and preserve your dignity, help you achieve open communication with your family and caregivers, and we offer care that enhances the quality of your life.
By working with you, your cancer treatment team and health care providers in your community, we blend palliative care into your cancer therapy.
- Expert treatment and monitoring of pain and other symptoms, including nausea, breathing difficulties, anxiety and difficulty sleeping
- Emotional and spiritual support for you and your family that can include support from a chaplain or behavioral medicine specialist
- Excellent communication and compassionate care, encouraging an open dialogue between patient, family and medical team
- Help in navigating the health care system
- Help in coordinating care, including hospice, at home and in the community, and help coordinating symptom management and psychosocial support plans with community resources
Learn more about the Palliative Care Program at UAMS.
For new patients, appointments with the Palliative Care Clinic are by referral only, so please contact your primary care doctor or oncologist. If needed, you can visit one of our doctors in the Center for Primary Care to obtain a referral.
For returning patients, please call call 501-686-8738 to schedule an appointment
What should I bring to the appointment?
For your first appointment, please bring a photo ID and your insurance card along with a list of any medications you’re taking, including over-the-counter medications. You should also bring any medical records you can provide, including slides or test results from other clinics.
For future appointments, please provide updated medical and insurance information.