Aortic Conditions and Treatments
Using state-of-the-art equipment and technology, Arkansas’ top specialists combine their talents to provide the best care to patients seeking treatment for conditions of the aorta.
At UAMS, our knowledgeable and experienced multidisciplinary team of cardiology and vascular doctors and other cardiology experts helps our patients live longer and better quality lives by providing the following:
- A complete evaluation using the latest diagnostic tests
- Comprehensive care for patients with diseases of the aorta, connective tissue disorder and Marfan Syndrome
- Ongoing research and education to provide patients with high quality medical treatment and innovative therapies
If surgery is required, our doctors are able to perform the latest minimally invasive procedures, including stent grafts. These procedures have been shown to be as effective as open surgery with half the complications of major surgery. All surgical procedures are performed in new, cutting-edge surgical suites.
- Men and women with a family history of aortic aneurysms
- Men older than 60 years of age
- Tobacco use
- History of heart or peripheral artery disease
- High blood pressure
The following symptoms are common with aortic aneurysms, and you should seek medical treatment immediately.
- Chest, abdominal, back or side pain
- Pulsation in the abdomen (similar to a heartbeat)
- Coldness, numbness or tingling in the feet or hands
Procedures to diagnose conditions of the aorta are not invasive and cause minimal discomfort; early detection of these conditions can minimize the adverse effects of conditions of the aorta.
For more information on Aortic conditions and treatments, contact our Vascular Surgery Clinic.