If you’re looking for a way to reduce or eliminate your dependency on glasses or contact lenses, the top eye experts at the UAMS Jones Eye Institute perform exciting, innovative laser eye surgery procedures.
Innovative refractive surgery, including LASIK eye surgery, now makes it possible to improve the eye’s natural focus safely and effectively by reshaping the surface of the cornea, resulting in clearer vision. We use all the latest equipment and technology.
You might be a candidate for corrective LASIK eye surgery at UAMS if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are at least 18 years old
- You have eyes free from retinal problems, cataract or certain other eye diseases
- You are not pregnant
- You do not have severe diabetes or an autoimmune disease
- You have the appropriate refractive error that can be helped with this procedure
Facts you might like to know:
- LASIK surgery is the newest and most powerful refractive surgery procedure
- The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis and takes about 15 minutes
- After the surgeon creates a wafer-thin flap on the cornea’s surface, the laser reshapes the cornea surface to correct your vision
- There are no stitches to heal, so you will recover quickly
LASIK Surgery Improves Eyesight and Golf Game – Patient Story
Please contact us to learn more about how the eye experts at the UAMS Jones Eye Institute use this procedure to safely and effectively reshape the surface of your cornea to improve vision.