Student Health Clinic
The Student Health Clinic (SHC) provides UAMS students with treatment of acute illnesses, wellness, and health promotion services and continual health education. Students who have paid the clinic fee at registration will have access to the SHC. Students must present their student ID and insurance information when checking in for clinic services.
What services are available?
Examples of the typical conditions treated in SHC:
- Sore throats
- Sinus infections
- Ear infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Health education
- Contraception management
- Abdominal pain
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Men’s and Women’s health (including pap smears)
- In-clinic-labs (deductible is waived)
- Pregnancy testing
- Education and screening for sexually transmitted infections
- Addressing certain chronic conditions
- Depression screening
If after evaluation in the clinic, it is determined that services outside the scope of the clinic are needed, appropriate referrals will be made.
What are the Student Health Clinic hours?
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed for lunch 12:30 p.m to 1:00 p.m.
Closed for UAMS holidays.
Where is the Student Health Clinic located?
4301 West Markham Central Building, Little Rock, AR 72205
- Located on the ground floor of the Central Building at rooms G 600 & G 820 off the corridor leading to the parking deck (Parking 2).
- View parking directions for the Student Health Clinic
Need an appointment?
Please contact us as 501-686-6381.
Questions or concerns?
Contact us at the number listed above or you may contact Melissa Vandiver, the clinic manager, at 454-8227 or email@example.com.