Traveling overseas? The Travel Medicine Clinic in the Preventive Environmental Medicine (POEM) Clinic can help you have a safe and healthy trip. We offer a comprehensive consultation service designed to keep you healthy, no matter where your travels take you. UAMS will provide travel vaccines and prescriptions for medications you may need before your departure.
- Review of potential health risks geared to your personal itinerary
- Expert advice on reducing the risks of getting sick from contaminated food, water, insects or parasites
- Articles and information related to health and travel for the countries you’ll be visiting
- Contact information for United States embassies and consulates in the countries you’ll be visiting
- Combined Hepatitis A & B (TwinRix)
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Measles, Mumps & Rubella
- Meningococcal Meningitis
- Pneumococcal Meningitis
- Tetanus + Diphtheria and TDAP
- Typhoid Fever
- Yellow Fever
The UAMS POEM Clinic is an official Yellow Fever Vaccination Center. A certificate of vaccination approved by the World Health Organization is provided for all vaccinations received at the clinic.
Insurance coverage for travel medicine shots and prescriptions varies, so please check directly with your medical insurance carrier for details on your coverage.
Need a physical examination? Check out our executive physical service.
POEM Main Clinic: 521 Jack Stephens Dr., Little Rock, AR., 72205
Open from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday Closed for Holidays
Located on the basement floor of the Family Medical Center at 521 Jack Stephens Dr. and 6th street. When facing the front of the Family Medical Center, our entrance is located on the opposite side of the building facing South Cedar Street with a small flight of stairs leading down to the entrance.