Programs for Young Adults
If you are a young adult and need help dealing with life events or mental health issues, our Psychiatric Research Institute has programs offering hope to you. Our caring and compassionate UAMS staff members at our Walker Family Clinic provide comprehensive outpatient mental health care for patients between the ages of 14 and 25.
Personalized care in a supportive and confidential environment includes the following:
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Medication management
- General psychological and neuropsychological testing
- Individual, family and group psychotherapy
Specialty services for clients with eating disorders (anorexia and bulimia) are available.
Care is provided by a collaborative multidisciplinary team including:
- Board-certified psychiatrists
- Licensed psychologists and psychological examiners
- Licensed clinical social workers
- Trainees in psychiatry, psychology, and social work who provide services under the direct supervision of licensed professionals
- Licensed professional counselors
For more information on our young adult programs, contact the Walker Family Clinic.