Adolescent Health Services
Adolescence is a time of change, when preteens and teenagers begin to form the habits and skills that will be with them throughout their adult lives.
When you consider that these years are a period of intense growth, not only physically but also intellectually and socially, we understand that it’s critical for you to access high quality medical care for the teen and tween years.
At UAMS, we want to help teens and preteens form good health habits, so we provide all the services you need, including regular immunizations and routine doctor visits. And we know that each teen and preteen boy and girl is unique, so we provide personalized care for your child(ren).
UAMS doctors not only provide adolescent health services on the UAMS campus, but services are also available around Little Rock and in clinics throughout the state. These services include:
- Immunizations – Includes yearly immunizations for influenza and a regular booster shot for tetanus and diphtheria.
- Routine Physical Exams – Annual exams and athletic physicals.
- Services for Chronic Illnesses – Early diagnosis and treatments in adolescence can help improve the quality of life for individuals as they grow older.
- Adolescent Gynecology – Our doctors focus on the unique questions and concerns teens may have related to female reproductive health.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) – We provide information about the prevention of STDs. We also can test, diagnose and provide treatment for STDs.
- Adolescent Obstetric Care – UAMS provides prenatal and postnatal care, as well as counseling on the options available for pregnant teens.
- Behavioral and Mental Health Services – We offer counseling services for adolescents and their families, and mental health services dealing with drug and alcohol prevention, eating disorders and suicide prevention.
Please contact us for additional information or to set up an appointment.
Phone Number – 501-686-8000