Preventive, Occupational and Environmental Medicine (POEM) Clinic
4301 W. Markham St.
Central Building, Ground Floor, Room 600
Little Rock, AR 72205
- Clinic Phone Number
- (501) 686-6565
- Mon - Fri
- 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
If you are in need of urgent or emergency care call 911 or go to your nearest emergency department at your local hospital.
About Preventive, Occupational and Environmental Medicine (POEM) Clinic
The Preventive, Occupational and Environmental Medicine clinic (POEM) at the UAMS Family Medical Center offers you the best in health care services. We offer a wide variety of services to meet your needs.
- FAA Medical Certifications (Class II & III)
- Surveillance programs
- Department of Transportation (DOT) physicals
- Flu vaccination program
- Travel consultation
- Travel immunizations
- Immigration physicals
- Pre-employment physicals
About Our Travel Medicine Services
Traveling overseas? We can help you have a safe and healthy trip. We offer a comprehensive consultation service designed to keep you healthy, no matter where your travels take you. UAMS will provide travel vaccines and prescriptions for medications you may need before your departure. The clinic is an official Yellow Fever Vaccination Center. A certificate of vaccination approved by the World Health Organization is provided for all vaccinations received at the clinic.
- Review of potential health risks geared to your personal itinerary.
- Expert advice on reducing the risks of getting sick from contaminated food, water, insects or parasites.
- Articles and information related to health and travel for the countries you’ll be visiting.
- Contact information for United States embassies and consulates in the countries you’ll be visiting.
Nearby parking is available in Parking 2.
Directions From the Parking Area
UAMS MyChart is a patient portal that gives you free, secure 24-hour online access to your health information. You can see your lab and test results, send messages to your doctor, make appointments, refill prescriptions and pay your bills. Ask your clinic staff or hospital nurse how to sign up for UAMS MyChart.