Employment at UAMS
UAMS is looking for health care and nonhealth care professionals who believe in excellence as a way of life. If you think you have the skills and commitment to succeed at the highest level, then you should consider a career at UAMS.
Join our team of over 10,000 employees for a rewarding future. Career opportunities range from nurses and computer programmers to accountants, early childhood development specialists, administrative assistants and faculty members.
Be a part of a teaching hospital that has been nationally recognized for excellence. We currently have many types of positions available working directly with our patients or working to support our staff of medical professionals. One may be just right for you.
Medical Staff Members
From pharmacists and X-ray technicians to physical therapists and social workers, we need dedicated staff members to serve our patients in a number of roles in our hospital, institutes and outpatient clinics.
Staff to patient ratios are low, so you have time to truly care for your patients. Our hospital has all private rooms and the latest in medical technology. Learn more about a nursing career at UAMS, nursing application procedures and sign-on bonuses for nurses. UAMS is where nursing lives, and it’s where excellence lives.
Jobs Supporting UAMS Services
Supporting our medical staff members in caring for our patients, UAMS offers many different types of positions in business offices and other areas, including:
- Information Technology – We employ information technology that extends human knowledge and facilitates discovery in support of the UAMS mission.
- Administrative Support – UAMS has a variety of administrative support positions, so you can work in many different academic and research settings.
- Skilled Trades – With a growing campus, having experts in all areas is important. Discover your delivery, painting or electrician career with UAMS.
Information About Our Application Process
- Applications for each position remain active until the position is filled.
- You must provide an e-mail address and create a password when you first apply. This will allow you to access your personal profile, update your information and apply for additional positions.
- UAMS uses a computerized process to match your application to the minimum qualifications of the position(s) for which you are applying. If selected for an interview, the hiring manager for the position will contact you.
- You will need to be very detailed when completing the online application. Please follow directions and complete each page to ensure your application is part of the selection process.
- You may attach a resume to your application for review by hiring managers. The matching for minimum qualifications process uses information you put in your Personal Profile, not what is in your resume. Electronic documents in Microsoft Word or Adobe .pdf format are acceptable.
Online Employment Application
Applications are accepted online
It is the policy of UAMS to provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees consistent with all legal protections offered by the State and federal laws including Affirmative Action. This policy is applicable to all phases of employment to include hiring, promotion, transfer, and treatment of the employees of UAMS.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with UAMS, please call the Office of Human Resources at 501-686-5650 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org