Due to an increase in COVID-19 patients in Arkansas and across the country, UAMS has implemented temporary visiting policies for our hospital. Visitors are allowed for patients only in exceptional cases such as end of life and mothers in labor. Please see below for the guidelines for visitor exceptions.
- Visitors are not allowed for patients confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19.
- All visitors must wear a mask (excluding N95 or other types of respirators) at all times. A UAMS mask will be provided if the visitor does not have one of their own. The mask should be changed if it becomes wet, soiled or damaged.
- All visitors must stay in the patient room at all times.
- Visitors who do not follow these guidelines will be asked to leave UAMS and not allowed to return.
- Before visitation is allowed, the Visitor Safety Agreement must be reviewed and signed by the visitor.
- Once visitation has been approved, nursing or the patient’s physician will notify the patient’s family. The visitor name will be entered into the visitor exception log at the Information Desk in the main lobby of the hospital.
- The visitor will not be allowed to leave the patient room after he/she arrives. Please bring essential items such a medication. Other items will not be allowed in the patient room. Meals will be provided by UAMS.
- All visitors will be screened in the main lobby of the hospital and given a wristband before going to the patient care floor.
- The patient’s nurse will conduct a health screening of each visitor at least twice a day and document this in the patient’s record. If a visitor does not pass the health screening, he/ she will be asked to leave the hospital. Please notify the patient’s nurse immediately if you develop any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, sore throat, chills, muscle aches, shortness of breath or loss of taste or smell.