At UAMS, we care not only about taking care of your baby at the hospital but also care about your baby after you leave. We want to ensure that when you get into your car, your baby is properly secured, so we offer a variety of services to help you purchase and install an appropriate car seat.
Car crashes are the leading cause of death for children. And car seats are 71% effective in reducing death and injury for infants. We understand that you want all the best for your baby, and a car seat is one of the most important things you can buy for your baby.
At UAMS, we have comprehensive car seat safety services. We can help you:
- Make sure that the car seat is appropriate for your baby
- Check the recall status, age and condition of the car seat
- Know if your car seat is right or recommend a different car seat, if needed
- Learn how to put your baby in the seat
- Put the car seat on the base and remove it
- Verify that the seat is at the right angle to ensure protection
The caring staff at UAMS wants to help keep your baby safe for the ride home from our hospital and all the rides yet to come.