The UAMS Medical Center delivers world-class treatment in a comforting, patient- and family-centered environment. Our caring and compassionate health care team provides personalized care to patients from around the world.
Recognizing that privacy and pleasant surroundings can boost your healing process, our all-private rooms feature the following:
- Earthy, natural shades and colors to echo Arkansas’ status as The Natural State with high ceilings to make our rooms feel more open.
- Family members are welcome to spend the night on the sleeper sofa or lounge chair in every room (other than ICU).
- Rooms include a flat-screen TV.
- Wireless Internet access.
Parents of babies in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) are invited to spend the night in the baby’s private room and have access to showers and kitchen and laundry facilities.
You will find world-class care across UAMS, from our hospital and clinics to an array of institutes, where faculty, staff, programs and resources focus on a particular cause.
At UAMS, our institutes attract patients from all over the world to Arkansas for specialized care featuring the latest in treatments. Our staff includes clinicians and caregivers with national and international reputations for excellence.
- The Donald W. Reynolds Institute on Aging addresses the needs of an aging generation through primary medical care, research on aging and age-related diseases and educational programs.
- The Jackson T. Stephens Spine & Neurosciences Institute encompasses treatment, rehabilitation and care services for the spine, head and neck.
- The Harvey & Bernice Jones Eye Institute is the place to go for all your eye needs from a general eye exam to diagnosis and treatment for a specific eye disease or trauma.
- The Myeloma Institute is the world’s foremost research and treatment center for multiple myeloma, a cancer of the blood’s plasma cells
- The Psychiatric Research Institute provides comprehensive psychiatric treatment and performs groundbreaking mental health research.
- The Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute, Arkansas’ only academic cancer center, uses a team approach to treatment that addresses the wide range of needs of the patient and family.
- The Translational Research Institute focuses on transforming the pace, effectiveness, and quality of translational research among UAMS and partner institutions.